PROGRAM DESCRIPTION AND JOB SUMMARY
The Primavera Foundation is a non-profit community development organization that has been providing pathways out of poverty and strengthening the Tucson community since 1983, through a variety of programs and services. Through resource referrals and individualized service planning, the Rapid Rehousing Program aims to help individuals and families experiencing homelessness move as quickly as possible into permanent housing and achieve stability in that housing through a combination of rental assistance, supportive services, and ongoing case management. The successful candidate will be a culturally-sensitive social services professional who has a positive influence on others, thrives on successfully facilitating processes, works at a faster-than-average pace, is extremely disciplined, detail-oriented, and results-oriented, sets high standards for self and others, and demonstrates top-notch planning, teamwork and coaching skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Work assignments may vary depending on the department’s needs and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by leadership):
- Conduct initial intake/eligibility evaluation and documentation per HUD standard
- Maintain a caseload and work with participants to create individualized Housing Stability Plans
- Assist with housing search and application processes
- Conduct home visits and case management appointments using CTI phase timeline
- Conduct ongoing assessment and review utilizing tools including the SPDAT
- Communicate/coordinate with participant’s other community resource specialists/case management providers as needed
- Assist with applications for mainstream benefits, and verify status of application, and benefits received
- Complete housing inspections, other move in tasks, and paperwork to program standards
- Maintain 100% accuracy in financial duties such as adhering to eligible costs per HUD regulations, internal expenditure reporting, etc.
- Complete HMIS data entry including case notes same day, not to exceed 48 hrs, and maintain 99% accuracy and completeness
- Create an exit plan that includes referral to resources for possible future needs, reason for leaving and evaluate participant satisfaction
- Maintain a minimum of 95% accuracy related to data entry and case file audits
- Maintain an 80% success rate of people leaving the program stably housed
- Participate in Rapid Rehousing training, HMIS and/or ETO training, and other agency trainings and team meetings as requested
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation activities, and remain in compliance with contracts
- Ensure confidentiality of participant information
- Adhere to and consistently demonstrate Primavera’s guiding principles of integrity, respect, accountability, compassion, and leadership
- Other duties as assigned by leadership
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of homeless/low income services and housing barriers.
- Ability to work effectively with program participants, the public, staff and volunteers.
- Ability to communicate effectively and accurately orally and in writing.
- Proficiency with computer systems and software, including Microsoft Office applications including Outlook and Excel, Internet, and a web-based database.
- Ability to function successfully and productively with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field.
- A minimum of two years experience in social services program providing case management services.
- One year experience working with people who are low income or homeless.
- Must be able to obtain fingerprint clearance card.
- Must be able to obtain first aid/CPR certification.
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, current registration, and proof of insurance coverage to attend off site meetings and conduct home visits.
- Note: A combination of relevant experience and educational background may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Current fingerprint clearance card and CPR/first aid certification
- Experience providing rent assistance to people that are homeless.
- Experience conducting home visits.
- Office environment with moderate office noise levels.
- Ability to meet with participants in office, home, and community settings as well as facilitate desk work processes on full workday basis.
- Visual acuity and hand dexterity to discern information, complete records and reports, and enter data into computer systems.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.