PROGRAM DESCRIPTION AND JOB SUMMARY
The Primavera Foundation is a non-profit community development organization that has been providing pathways out of poverty and strengthening the Tucson community since 1983 through a variety of programs and services. The Homeless Intervention and Prevention Program (HIP), located at 702 S. 6th Ave near downtown Tucson, offers a range of services to people experiencing or at risk of homelessness and other low-income individuals and families to assist in addressing basic needs.
The Resource Specialist meets with participants on a walk in basis through our drop in center to provide resources and referrals, and provide short term case management. The Resource Specialist is also responsible for dispersing rental assistance and utility assistance payments on behalf of eligible households to help them maintain their housing.
The successful candidate will be a culturally-sensitive social services professional who has a positive influence on others, thrives on successfully facilitating processes, works at a faster-than-average pace, is extremely disciplined, detail-oriented and results-oriented, sets high standards for self and others, and demonstrates top-notch planning and organization skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES (Work assignments may vary depending on the department’s needs and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by leadership)
- Provide prevention and intervention services, information and referrals, and schedule/conduct appropriate follow-up assistance with participants.
- Interview participants and assess their needs, and when appropriate create individual service plans for participants, monitoring progress and making additional referrals and adjustments as necessary to ensure successful outcomes.
- Establish contacts with other social service agencies in the community to facilitate referrals.
- Work with other Primavera staff and community agency partners in planning and advocating for participant needs.
- Screen applicants for rental and/or utility assistance adhering to Primavera policies and procedures, and ensure compliance with funders at all times.
- Coordinate with landlords and Primavera Finance Department staff on the delivery of rental assistance payments, tracking and reconciling monthly at 100% accuracy.
- Work with the HIP Program Director to ensure program efficiency, compliance, and quality assurance.
- Enter data and case notes into HMIS and other assigned databases, ensuring 99% accuracy and timeliness, and maintain confidential files.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required
- Cross train with other HIP staff to promote knowledge and skills and to ensure adequate coverage of daily operations, and to provide back up to programs as needed
- Demonstrate knowledge of and support for all Primavera programs when interacting with participants, volunteers and the general public.
- Consistently demonstrate Primavera’s guiding principles of integrity, respect, accountability, compassion, and leadership.
- Other duties as assigned by leadership
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Extensive knowledge of services for individuals and families experiencing homelessness.
- Familiarity with the greater Tucson community, including mainstream social services, employment and housing options.
- Ability to work effectively, compassionately, collaboratively, and efficiently with program participants, the public, staff, and volunteers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer proficiency that includes database programs.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in social service or related field.
- Minimum of one year case management experience working with low income individuals and families. (NOTE: A blend of relevant experience and education may be considered in lieu of degree.)
- Proficiency with basic computer systems and software, including Microsoft office products and databases.
- Fingerprint clearance card or ability to obtain immediately after hire.
- First Aid/CPR certification or ability to obtain.
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and proof of insurance.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Experience working in a drop in center providing service to people experiencing homelessness.
- Experience providing rental assistance.
- Ability to work in a busy environment with moderate noise level.
- Ability to meet with participants in an office setting and facilitate desk work processes on full workday basis.
- Visual acuity to discern data and information, and hand dexterity to enter information into computer systems.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com,