PROGRAM DESCRIPTION AND JOB SUMMARY
The Primavera Foundation is a non-profit community development organization that has been providing pathways out of poverty and strengthening the Tucson community since 1983, through a variety of programs and services. Through individualized service planning, Project Action for Veterans (PAV) offers housing assistance to veterans and their families who are recently homeless or about to become homeless who “but for” this financial and resource coordination assistance would continue to be or become homeless. The program serves Veterans living in Pima, Cochise, Graham, Greenlee, and Santa Cruz counties, and follows the policies and regulations of the Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) funding from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. PAV is accredited by CARF for Rapid Rehousing and Homelessness Prevention Programs.
The Program Assistant is the initial point-of-contact for Project Action for Veterans, extending welcoming and helpful information to individuals seeking services, and providing top-notch administrative support for the program. The successful candidate will be a highly-organized team player with exceptional customer service and recordkeeping skills. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and self-directed, with excellent attention to detail and great focus on follow-through.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Work assignments may vary depending on the department’s needs and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by the leadership):
- Professionally, politely, and productively field incoming calls and walk-in inquiries
- Communicate program overview via prompt email and phone responses, as well as assist in outreach with homeless veterans at community events
- Capture, organize, and maintain program information, including data entry of participant information and monthly activity
- Assist with prescreening and intake for potential program participants, referring to other community resources when appropriate
- Track referral data and make follow up calls to those not eligible for the program
- Update and maintain program support materials such as forms, brochures, and program manual
- Develop and maintain program contacts and vendor database
- Order and maintain office supply inventory
- Schedule meetings, prepare meeting materials and take minutes as assigned
- Assist Program Director and PAV team staff with administrative support as needed
- Participate in Veterans Affairs (VA) and Supportive Services for Veterans’ Families (SSVF) training as required
- Assist with preparing for annual VA monitoring
- Adhere to and demonstrate Primavera’s guiding principles of integrity, respect, accountability, compassion, and leadership
- Other duties as assigned by leadership
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment while maintaining data accuracy
- Ability to use general office equipment, including computers, copiers, fax machines, scanners, adding machines
- Ability to accurately compile and analyze relevant data
- Ability to perform duties in a timely and consistent manner
- Productive and collaborative verbal and written communication skills
- Associate’s degree in Social Work/Business Administration or other related field
- Minimum two years professional administrative work experience
Note: Relevant experience and educational background may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Minimum six months experience with a client database and/or maintaining data in Excel
- Ability to meet above knowledge, skills, and abilities
- First Aid/CPR certification or ability to obtain.
- Level 1 fingerprint clearance card or the ability to obtain.
- Reliable transportation, a current valid driver’s license and registration, proof of insurance coverage, and a clean driving record.
- Military veteran or veteran family member
- One year of experience working in a social services agency, with at least six months in programs serving people experiencing homelessness
- Bilingual – English/Spanish
- Knowledge of relevant and applicable community resources
- Indoor environment with moderate office noise levels
- Ability to operate general office equipment, including computers, copiers, fax machines, scanners, adding machines.
- Hand/eye acuity/dexterity; ability to process data/information, discern information from reports, enter and recall information and data for reporting purposes.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com.