PROGRAM DESCRIPTION AND JOB SUMMARY
The Primavera Foundation is a non-profit community development organization that has been providing pathways out of poverty and strengthening the Tucson community since 1983, through a variety of programs and services. One of these programs is Primavera Works, which provides ethical day-labor opportunities in service to a variety of customers across the Tucson community. Primavera Works provides work crew opportunities (temporary employment options and/or temp-to-hire opportunities) to people with barriers to employment, including but not limited to homelessness, prior criminal convictions, physical and mental health challenges, and unemployed or under-employed. The crews provide services in the community performing residential moves, office relocations, landscaping, and water harvesting system projects.
The Landscaping Crew Supervisor provides leadership for Primavera Works program participants and service to customers, in order to ensure successful completion of temporary work assignments performed in our community. This includes performing yard maintenance project estimates, crew mentoring/supervision/instruction/assistance, and providing transportation in the field for on-site crew members. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is socially confident, driven to accomplish results, with a high sense of accuracy, detail-orientation, and excellence, both in leadership and work outcomes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Work assignments may vary depending on the department’s needs and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by the leadership):
- Provide leadership, assisting with completion of crew work as necessary, and ensure the creation/preservation of a positive work environment.
- Complete estimates and schedule crew jobs.
- Supervise workers during moving, landscaping, and/or water harvesting crew jobs.
- Provide basic job instruction/information, including a review of all pertinent safety requirements with crews.
- Encourage conflict resolution and appropriate, productive work habits of workers.
- Complete monthly progress reports and evaluations for workers.
- Ensure payroll information and timecards are complete, accurate, and turned in on time.
- Report any on the job injuries/health concerns immediately to the Manager of Staffing Services
- Communicate customer needs to the Manager of Staffing Services in a timely manner.
- Drive crew to job site locations in assigned vehicle at scheduled times, which may include evenings and/or weekends.
- Report immediately any serious concerns/repair needs for vehicle(s) to the Manager of Staffing Services.
- Ensure company vehicle(s) are clean and daily mileage logs are completed accurately.
- Ensure that vehicle maintenance checklists are completed daily.
- Ensure that all tools are returned to proper storage at the end of the day.
- Enforce Primavera policies and procedures, including safety and program rules.
- Provide feedback to appropriate staff about program participants.
- Attend meetings and trainings as required.
- Assist with sack lunch preparation and pick up as needed.
- Demonstrate adherence to the Primavera Foundation’s guiding principles of integrity, respect, accountability, compassion, and leadership.
- Perform other duties as assigned by leadership
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of services and issues related to people experiencing homelessness and people with histories of incarceration.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of program participants, the public, staff, and volunteers.
- Demonstrated ability to productively problem-solve and provide positive leadership and effective supervision for workers.
- Ability to communicate effectively and accurately verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of and adherence to workplace and vehicle safety guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to function effectively with minimal supervision.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least one year of experience directly supervising work crews
- At least one year of direct landscaping work experience
- Experience safely driving vehicles and towing trailers
- First aid and CPR certification (or ability and willingness to obtain)
- Valid driver’s license and 39-month driving history that will satisfy driving requirements of Primavera’s insurance provider and Primavera’s driving policy
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- At least one year of experience in social services, providing direct supervision to participants in a work setting.
- At least one year of experience working with low-income and/or homeless individuals.
- Ability to stand, kneel, stoop, and lift a minimum of 75 pounds.
- Ability to work outdoors in desert climate.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.